All Star Elite
LET’S GET STARTED
ALL-STAR ELITE PROGRAM
Southbaycheer 360 All-Star Elites are continuing their rise to the top by winning prestigious titles such as D2 Summit Finalist, US Finals Dallas Championships, D2 Champions at Duel in the Desert, Program Award at Jamz, and National Champions at American, GSSA, USA, PacWest, and others. We are currently preparing to take our teams to the D2 Summit Championships in Florida. We strive for excellence, and the athletes that are a part of our Southbaycheer 360 All-Star Elite program work to live up to that expectation.
Our All-Star Elites are expected to travel, and in the past have gone to Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, Las Vegas, and Seattle. They compete in 9 competitions a season, as well as 2 in gym exhibitions. They practice a minimum of 5 hours a week, with extra practices added on during competition season.
The ages range from 5 years to 18 years.
It is recommended athletes participate in a season of All-Star Prep or All-Star Novice before trying out for All-Star Elite.
Team Tryouts Every May
1/2 Season Team Tryouts Every September
LET’S GET STARTED
All-Star Team Level Requirements:
- Forward roll
- Backwards roll
- Back walkover
- Front walkover
- Round-off multiple back handsprings
- Standing back handspring
- Cartwheel back handspring
- Back walkover back handspring
- Combination passes*
- Front walkover round off multiple back handsprings
- Back handspring step out through to round off back handsprings
- Round-off back handspring tuck
- Punch Front
- Standing 3 back handsprings
- Front handspring though to back tuck
- Back handspring step out
through to tuck
- Punch front through to tuck
- Round-off back handspring layout
- Standing back tuck
- Standing double handspring layout
- Toe touch back handspring back tuck
- Combo passes*
- Punch front step out to layout
- Whip through to layout
- Whip punch layout
- Front handspring punch front
through to layout
*Team level placements are based off tumbling as well as jumps, stunts, dance, and attitude.
*Participants will be asked to throw all 3 cheer jumps: toe touch, pike jump, and hurdler, and combinations of the 3 with standing tumbling.
What to Expect for Team Tryout
- Pre-Register on the Parent Portal tab. Login or create an account. Then select the booking tab, and choose team tryouts. Follow the steps to select your time.
- Come to your scheduled tryout time no more than 10 minutes early. Parents will drop off.
What to wear:
- Hair should be pulled back neatly away from face.
- Wear 360 gear or blue and orange. Please wear sports bras or slim fitting shirts/tanks that will stay in place during activities. Athletes can wear cheer shorts or leggings. Only indoor cheer shoes allowed on surfaces. If you do not have cheer shoes, you can go bare foot.
- Coaches will introduce themselves and explain the tryout process to athletes.
- Athletes will be given a dance to learn. This dance will also be posted on social media 2 weeks before tryouts. Please follow our Insta, FaceBook, and TikTok for latest videos @southbaycheer360
- Athletes will be split into groups. They will rotate to 3 stations to be evaluated on on: jumps, tumbling, and dance.
- All athletes will make a team, during this process we will be determining the most appropriate team level. We want your athlete to grow and thrive during their season with us, so we will place them in a level where they will feel most confident.
- Doors will open promptly at 6:30pm
- Athletes will learn their team.
- Parents will stay for a parent meeting while athletes get to know their new team members.